Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Situation or SWAT analysis

A SWOT analysis is “An overall evaluation of the company’s strengths (S), weakness (W), opportunities (O), and threats (T).” (Pg. 55, Marketing: An Introduction, Armstrong & Kotler.)

Strengths
My mobile restaurant gives me the opportunity to travel around and be where I want to be. I would also have the choice to attend whatever sports events I want to, and depending also on the location and how far I would like to travel.  I feel that most of the time I would be out of the state of Nevada, giving me the opportunity not only to have my mobile restaurant but I could also ride my bicycle and explore different areas.

Weakness
A weakness to a mobile restaurant would be due to sporting events are seasonal.  By this, I would have to be able to budget over the year and take into play the slower months will out weight the busier ones.  So I would need to take all matters into consideration and budget my business plan.

Opportunities
I believe that depending on how busy I want to be through out the year I could work long and hard hours during the spring, summer, and then slowing my business travels down in the fall and then take the winters off.  I could also durning the winter months coordinate with certain indoor sporting events and park my mobile restaurant outside say on the side walk so that people could come outside and enjoy a snack.  

Threats
A threat could be that other individuals would start a mobile restaurant and have the same ideas as I do and then it would become completive.  Depending on what other mobile restaurants foods they might carry.  The event coordinators could have a say so in what type of food/snacks they would like to be available for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment